Tuesday, November 4, 2008

On the road (again)

I'll be on the road today in Dutchess County, blogging about the election for the Poughkeepsie Journal newspaper. This is a nice return, of sorts, as I spent almost 15 years working as a journalist at another newspaper (the first 7+ years as a reporter covering government) before moving into lifestyle magazine publishing. As much as I love my current job, there's nothing like spending Election Day working in (or for) a newsroom.

In addition to checking in at polls throughout the day, I'm going to try to get to a few Election Day community/social events, and a dinner or two. If there is something interesting going on, election-wise, in your Dutchess County neighborhood, send me a message and I'll try to mention it.

The car is gassed, the laptop is charged and the GPS is turned on. I'll be heading out as soon as I send my daughter off to school … come visit me at the newspaper's Web site.:-)

No comments: