Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh no Domino

Maybe you heard the virtual groan from my friends and I recently when we learned that Domino magazine was shutting down. It was a favorite among national shelter publications – clever and accessible and just plain fun – and I am going to miss reading it.

I struggled with whether I should mention its passing here, on the Good Life blog, which has to do with all the great things about living in the Hudson Valley (not national home design publications.) In the end, I decided I would, because Domino’s passing happens just at the time when we are adding even more features to HVC magazine about LOCAL home design, décor and furnishings. There are great designers, exceptional homes and some exciting marketplaces for home products in the region between New York City and Albany and we’re going to explore them in future issues of HVC.

To that end, I am sending an invitation to folks in our region who feel they have a home, a room, a product, a fave store or an idea that would be great to feature in HVC magazine and/or on this blog. Send me an e-mail at lcoons@hvcmagazine.com and tell me what you’ve got!

No comments: