Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Living green!


We featured estate jewelry as part of HVC magazine's October "Living Green" issue, because giving pre-owned fine jewelry a new home is my favorite type of recycling!

I love this HVC cover. Photo director Spencer Ainsley shot this vintage 1960s toucan pin on the leaves of an Anthurium andreanum exotic houseplant that I keep in my office window overlooking the Poughkeepsie Post Office. The absolutely FAB pin (made of 18-karat yellow gold, with pave diamond beak -- 58 diamonds! -- and black mother of pearl) is from the Zimmer Brothers estate jewelry collection. The pin is back at Zimmer now, where I understand the Poughkeepsie store is having an antique and estate jewelry sale from Oct. 25-27.

Pin for sale at Zimmer. And Hudson Valley Connoisseur magazine for sale at outlets listed on our Web site. :-)

No comments: