Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gals' Day Out!

I'm spending a whole day this coming weekend catching up with one of my best friends (and my former college roommate), doing one of the things we like best -- going to Crafts at Rhinebeck -- that wonderful upscale two-day show at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds on Route 9 in Rhinebeck.

I know we'll drool over the handcrafted jewelry. (We usually end up buying each other's Christmas presents at these kinds of events -- but we still act surprised when it's gift-giving time!) I also love checking out the home decor items to get ideas for future HVC magazine features. I'll probably get a piece of pottery to add to my collection. She usually ends up buying a piece of fine art. In any case, even if all we do is browse, we'll still have fun. There is also good food to eat on sale at the event, and very good restaurants in nearby Rhinebeck and Red Hook/Tivoli.

TAKE NOTE: There's a coupon, good for Admit 2 for the Price of 1 admission to Crafts at Rhinebeck, in the latest issue of Hudson Valley Connoisseur magazine. It's sold at Barnes & Noble and other area stores listed on the HVC Web site.

No comments: