Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The living is easy ...


Summer may still be a few days away, according to the calendar, but I feel like it's here. And that means I'm ready to take advantage of all the great summer festivals in our region! In the latest issue of HVC magazine, we have an article listing our picks for 12 top summer festivals in the region.

Many of them are already my favorites -- I almost never miss the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival and for the past few summers my daughter and I have enjoyed the entertainment at the Bard Music Festival/Summerscape. Last year's Jazz Fest at Tanglewood was a huge treat for me and I really hope I can get to Bethel Woods this year for at least one concert. There are a whole bunch of concerts at the Belleayre Music Festival that I'd love to attend (including Ronan Tynan with the Belleayre Festival Orchestra on July 5 and Chris Isaak on August 30.) The theatrical productions at Powerhouse and Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival are also high on my list and is there any better way to wrap up the summer festival season than the Hudson Valley Wine & Food Fest?

In case you can't find a copy of the magazine (they go fast!) here is a link to HVC's calendar of events.

Above, Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, photo by Darryl Bautista. Copyright 2008 Gannett Satellite Information Network, Inc.

No comments: