Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's FAIR time!



When I am done with work today, I'll be heading out to the Dutchess County Fair, one of my favorite events each year! I'll be there with kids, so we'll be doing kid things (rides, rides, carnival games, rides, and fried fair food, of course.) 4-H milkshakes. Fried dough. Fried 'shrooms. Tomorrow we may regret it, but today we eat!

One exhibit I always try to see is the horticultural building, where amateur and pro gardeners strut their stuff. I LOVE to see what other gardeners are up to -- and if I can talk the kids into going along (or if I can sneak away), I'll get some photos of the floral exhibits to share on my gardening blog at poughkeepsiejournal.com tomorrow. (If not, I'm going back another day!) I also love the fairgrounds' landscaping, which has improved immensely over the past 10 years and is the work of the local Master Gardeners program, I believe.

By the way, those are my photos from last year's fair. The Poughkeepsie Journal just put up a gallery for folks to post their fair photos -- I LOVE looking through those. I believe the newspaper has a booth that has info to help folks post their photos.

See you at the fair!

No comments: