It's almost Valentine's Day ...
The following last-minute gift/celebration suggestions came into my e-mail box today. If you're still scrambling for a way to indulge that special someone, maybe this will spark some ideas.
1. Gift certificate to one of the Marlene Weber Day Spas. Fabulous!
Poughkeepsie Day Spa · 751 Dutchess Turnpike · Poughkeepsie · Phone: 845-454-5852
Millbrook salonspa · 2647 Route 44 · Millbrook · Phone: 845-677-1772
2. How about a sweet treat? Valentine's Day Specials at Gigi Market include heart-shaped chocolate hazelnut and pink iced sugar cookies specially packaged for the occasion. Or, select from their delectable brittles and barks and unique books and games. Customize a gift collection for the one (s) you love by putting together a gift basket tailored to their tastes. 227 Pitcher Lane, Red Hook. P: 845.758.1999
3. You'll find more sweet treats and fine kitchenware at Warren Kitchen and Cutlery in Rhinebeck. The store has a new chocolate and candy selection for Valentine's Day. Chocolate hearts of dark, milk, and white chocolate, French caramels with sea salt in tempting flavors like ginger-pistachio and walnut-chocolate, orange-honey, and authentic Italian hard candy by Leone.
Warren Kitchen & Cutlery | 6934 Route 9 | Rhinebeck
4. Or view and perhaps buy some art? The Tivoli Artists Co-op will present an Erotica art exhibit during the month of February, its eighth such event. Here is more info: The exhibit features art of a sensual and erotic nature approached with humor and good taste but also with the artists' freedom to conceive of works that fall within the "adults only" signature event.
Artworks in the exhibit are by member artists as well as invited guests. The works represents the artists' concepts of love, including homage to the human body, and of loving relationships. Among the twenty artists included in the show are co-op members Dea Archbold, Susan Cara, Lara Chkhetiani, Susan Katz and Barbara Walter.
Susan Katz, a photographer, submitted eye-catching black and white photographs of burlesque performers. Helen Sacco, a former coop member and previous contributor to the Erotica shows, has produced drawings of embracing couples that leave no doubt of their feelings for each other.
Artist Barbara Walter is entering her first Erotica show. Two of her latest encaustic works (charcoal figure drawings under wax and oil) were created especially for the show. "The well formed male body radiates sensual beauty, as seen time and again in the works of artists from the Renaissance forward," says Barbara. Dea Archbold also created new works for the show; her works in watercolor pencil on canvas board convey both an exotic and spiritual quality
60 Broadway in Tivoli -- Gallery hours are Fridays 5-9 PM, Saturdays 1-9 PM, and Sundays 1-5PM.
5. Enjoy a fine meal? Gigi Trattoria invites you to celebrate "amore" with lovers or friends. Offering a choice of the sumptous Lover's Prix Fix 4-Course Menu at $45 or full a la Carte selections from their popular dinner menu.
6422 Montgomery St., Rhinebeck. Call for reservations at 845.876.1007
6. More great food. New World Home Cooking Co. in Woodstock celebrates the Sensuality of Food with a special Safe Sex Valentine’s Menu.
Call for a reservation: 845-246-0900. Seatings 6:00-6:30 or 8:00-8:30