Thursday, April 5, 2007

The In Crowd

Tom Griffiths, Hudson Valley Connoisseur’s food columnist (and a well-known chef who teaches at the CIA) tells me he tried to eat at The Artist’s Palate in the city of Poughkeepsie on Saturday evening and “couldn’t get near the place.” I'm happy that they're so popular but I guess that means I'm going to have to start calling for reservations. I’ve eaten there several times and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I had dinner last night at Gigi Trattoria in Rhinebeck. Gnocchi, grilled asparagus, strawberry-rhubarb tart: A simple, well-prepared meal that said, “spring’s here!” Shared a bottle of Peter Zemmer Pinot Nero, a delicate Italian red wine. Now, I have found a bunch of Hudson Valley wines that I really like but I wouldn't ever be able to totally give up Italian reds -- or German Rieslings -- for a 100-Mile Diet ... (see my post yesterday about the 100-Mile Diet.)

No comments: